Monday, September 21, 2009

FIRST DAY OF HOMESCHOOLING!!!

Today was our first day of homeschooling and boy, did it turn out to be a great and wonderfully encouraging first day!
Liam was so excited. I've been telling him that we were going to start today since I got the curriculum from Pamela last week. He has been eyeing the box of books with wonder and longing all week (that probably helped with his excitement...).
So, this morning after breakfast, we dressed him up nice for "first day of school" pictures, and then cracked open the box...

"Can I open it yet?!?"
So happy with his curriculum!
We built a "Noah's Ark" with blankets and played for quite awhile (you can't see them , but in the basket behind Liam are the lions. Had to cage them up so they wouldn't eat us!):
Working with his "Might Mind" blocks activity (he REALLY liked this):
Letter "A" tracer page:
We also:
*read the Bible (which I've been trying to do with the boys every morning anyway)
*read a almost wordless -but with lots of pictures- book about Noah's Ark (hence the building an ark activity)
*read "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and made cookies for an activity
*Read pages for social studies (Richard Scarry's What Do People Do All Day?), science (Usbourne Body Flip Flap book), and poetry (Poems and Prayers For the Very Young)
*Played Memory and Go Fish with Teddy Bear Cards
*and much more!
Liam did so well today. He loved his school work and kept asking for more, more, MORE. It made my heart so happy! I hope and pray he carries this love and desire for learning with him always!
We're using Sonlight curriculum. Check them out!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a fun first day. These are the best years for school...when no one is burned out and everything is exciting. Here's to lots of great day!

Love that you had him dress up.