Friday, September 04, 2009

Autumn Doings

Yesterday was a day that I enjoyed immensely. I woke up in a good mood (at 8:10, thanks to the boys sleeping in!), I managed a near-perfect balance of chores, time with the boys and time for myself. I did some cooking and freezing, including this strawberry-apple sauce (some of which we had with dinner):

We went for a walk after nap time, and found some beautiful autumn leaves on the sidewalk:
They triggered an idea for an art project, which we sat down to do as soon as we got home:
Here is a picture of all of our drawings (the black/blue scribbles are David's):
These three are Liam's drawings. We glued the leaves onto the each drawing they went with. The middle one was his first, and in my opinion, his best look-alike, but they are all nice:
As you can see, we had a very pleasant autumn day!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love nature projects.
Glad you got a near perfect day.