Friday, July 31, 2009

Keeping Cool

Keeping cool has been a necessity this last week as temperatures have steadily climbed into the 90's and even in some places, the 100's. Here in western Washington, that is a rarety and most of us hardly know how to do much more than lay around like slugs, and moan until it gets cool and overcast again.
I exaggerate, I know, but not by much.
Here in my little world, we have been endeavoring to stay as cool and calm as possible while having fun. And here, in no particular order, is how we have accomplished it:

At the pool at our apartment complex....here is David showing off his new life jacket:
The use of damp towels and rags has been very helpful:

A waterfight is very fun and cooling:
I set up a makeshift wading pool on the porch and the boys LOVED it:
I made a pitcher of my special sun tea (two bags Tazo Passion and two bags Tazo Wild Sweet Orange):
We took the boys to the beach one evening, here is Jon and the boys playing with the stones and rocks along the beach:
and Liam, playing with some seaweed that had washed up:
Creamsicles are always a fun and very tasty way to cool off when it's hot:
How have you stayed cool this week? Or is it cold where you are?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like you did a great job being creative keeping everyone cool. Feels good today...I'm hoping we are back to normal temps.

Tink said...

It is a sizzler for sure but oh my how great the beautiful sunshine makes photo memories! Your family is so beautiful.