Wednesday, July 08, 2009

ABC Wednesdays---Y

My favorite Y is Yarn. I love to crochet (it was my "C" word) and it is near impossible to do so without yarn.
Yarn comes in an amazing variety of colors, textures and materials, from simple cotton to angora, and even synthetic materials. And then, there's the "yarn" people makes out of other stuff, fabric, string and even plastic bags!

Here's a couple pictures of some of my yarn and the projects I've done with it:

A pretty dark-red yarn and the beginnings of a tote bag I made for my mother-inlaw's birthday:
Different yarns, a scarf and the tote bag I made myself (it's lined with the top of a pair of jeans):

Well, that's my Y post! Be sure to check out the other ABC Wednesday posts here!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I still love that tote idea you came up with. Clever girl.

Roger Owen Green said...

No talent w yarn in this corner...

Jay said...

another talented yarn-user! I do crochet, but not very much, and I'm hopeless at knitting!

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Here's something I really can't do, crochet!!!!! EXCELLENT CHOICE, THOUGH!!! See you tomorrow (I'm still looking for a «Z»...)