Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ABC Wednesday---E

E wasn't too hard. I had a choice between two. One was eating. I do like to eat. Always have. But I'm not sure I have the photos to back up my professed love of food. I did devote an entire blog to food and the creation thereof.

But, for today, I decided to go with my other "E" choice.
And so, "E" is for ELEPHANT! One of my favorite animals to see in the zoo, and I would love, love, love the chance to see them in the wild someday (African Safari anyone?!?).
They are huge and stately and beautiful!

Here's a sweet guy, seen at our last trip to the zoo:




For more ABC Wednesday, visit the linkie page and have a great week!

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

They are magnificient, elegant creatures. Good post.

Carol said...

Two good shots...I also love elephants...

Tumblewords: said...

Good post. I lived near a zoo that had a newborn elephant - he had such a sense of humor, it was a hoot to watch him play with the elders. They related to him much like proud parents - although they All weren't! :)

Tink said...

I decorated Bryan's nursery in elephants...they were pink but I laid the boarder inside a wide blue stripe!

Anonymous said...

I think one reason we're drawn to elephants is that they are a lot like us in some ways - and yet completely different!

Cindy said...

I love the family aspect of elephants....besides just being so dang beautiful.