Sunday, September 26, 2010

Remembering/Celebrating Summer

Jon asked us to celebrate the last day of summer this week and we were more than willing to do so! He had two instructions: "do something outside" and "find something from outside that reminds you of summer".

With those instructions in mind, we headed outdoors with the bikes (bike riding is definitely a summer activity!)















Then we got distracted with the jungle gym at our apartment....happy climbers until mommy found hornets and made them get off:














Then off to find something that reminds Liam of summer. He picked acorns:


















And I added an activity for Liam after we got home. I told him to draw a picture of things to do with summer.
He drew a tree under a blue sky with his bike and a bird (the bird is the "m" up top). I also had him write "summer":














If I had been thinking, I would have given the boys popsicles as a treat, but I didn't think of it. Anyway, we sure had fun remembering/celebrating summer.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Gotta enjoy the sunshine whenever it comes!
Love Liams tree. Cute.