My favorite of the trees is the one closest to their house, a "Liberty" apple tree. It always produces tons of beautiful, crunchy, tasty apples. It was ready the last time we were there.....


Pulling an apple off the tree and biting into it is one of the greatest pleasures, and the kids certainly enjoy it!They have also enjoyed the big bag we brought home, eating up to 3 or 4 a day!
As the apples aged (and the one down point of Liberties is that they do not age well), I used up the last of our bag to make a big batch of apple sauce. I will probably cook down some a little more to make apple butter, and we'll eat the rest.
I also made an apple crisp. We'll get more apples soon and I am sure I'll make more delicious tasties with them, as well as just enjoying them raw.
As the apples aged (and the one down point of Liberties is that they do not age well), I used up the last of our bag to make a big batch of apple sauce. I will probably cook down some a little more to make apple butter, and we'll eat the rest.
I also made an apple crisp. We'll get more apples soon and I am sure I'll make more delicious tasties with them, as well as just enjoying them raw.A fellow blogger and a friend of my mothers, celebrates Apple Day each year. What an appropriate and wonderful celebration! We have not celebrated Apples on a specific day this year, but each and every time we bite into a fresh apple, we've been celebrating!
Thank God for apples. And Autumn. Amen.




1 comment:
Love that close up pic of apples. There are still lots of Liberty's but they are in the applesauce stage. :)
Post a Comment