Here's the schedule for today! You can also see my previous post for the schedule for the entire hop! Lots of fun creativity and projects to be seen!
***Re-edited to give proper list***
Life In Every Breath (that's me!)
So, now for my projects. My original plan was to make a cover for my ironing board and then go from there and see what I came up with...I ended up with three different projects and still have a bit of fabric left over! I will show you the picture of all three first and then share a bit about each one:
So, I covered the ironing board and it was so fast and so simple! I got the pattern out of my One Yard Wonders book and it only ended up taking about 1/2 yard of fabric so I had lots more to use! It is so much fun to iron on a board I actually LIKE, instead of the blah fabric that originally covered the board. When I finally get a full-sized ironing board, I am going to have to cover it too!
For my second project, I knew I wanted to use more of the book spine fabric since I had so much left over and I had just been to the library and realized I didn't have a good, roomy bag to bring home all of our books (and since we're using the library for most of our homeschooling books right now, that means we come home with lots!). So, I set to work to make a book bag (a very popular and appropriate project choice for this blog hop!). I made up the pattern myself, measuring the very biggest library book we had and making sure to make the bag extra big and roomy to accommodate just about any book we could find. Then I decided I only wanted the book spine fabric on one side, so I scoured Pinterest for ideas and came up with a "book shelf" idea. I fuse-appliqued rectangles of solid fabrics into the placement I wanted on natural colored linen, embroidered the words and shelf and used selvages to make the titles on the books-----notice the one in the middle is "Get A Clue With Nancy Drew" !!!! I added a pocket from one of my favorite pairs of pants to the book spine side, lined it with denim, left the seams out but pinked on the inside of the bag and made the handles out of the magnifying glass fabrics! I have already used it a couple of times and it is exactly what I wanted and I love it!
I made a collage of the last few bag photos to take up less space.....If you can't read the quote, it is one I made up and says "BOOKS...are a wealth of knowledge that can take you anywhere you want to go". It's my own handwriting too, which is fun.
When I finished with the bag, I saw that I still had quite a bit of fabric left over and so I made the rest (minus a bit, like I said I still have some!) into a small lap quilt. My kids love this quilt and can't wait for me to finish it so they can snuggle under it! It will be a good size for them!
I enjoyed this project and am now diving back into the literary world of Nancy Drew because of it. The books are so much fun! Have not read them since I was a teenager!










68 comments:
Love your projects! I had thought about picking up one of the books too. My fav is your book bag! The embrodiery is beautiful.
Love all your Nancy Drew projects! The ironing board cover is fantastic! Thank you for sharing.
Your book bag is great! Really enjoyed your post & your projects. Nice job.
These are just too much fun! You were very ambitious! I love everything you created. So much fun to see what everyone did with the cool ND fabric.
Leslie
Great projects, your book bag is lovely but my favourite is your ironing board cover, I love that fabric.
I love the ironing board cover you have made. Mine at the moment is boring. My grandson has large books and making a special bag is a great idea.
I love the book spine fabric projects, very nice :) They really add flair to the quilt too!
Jenn:)
www.nancydrewsleuth.com
I love the idea of using that fabric as an ironing board cover. Really cute.And I can ee your boys wanting to snuggle under the new quilt.
Very cure projects. Thanks for being here today. I loved seeing them.
Love the ironing board cover. Its very special this way.
Thanks for sharing
I love your ironing board cover! And your bag.
Your ironing board cover looks great! Way better than the patterns that come on them.
Great projects. You have been busy!
Love that ironing board. I think I might need a little one like that for my applique projects. It is so darling! Especially so with the new cover.
Wow so many great projects. Love the bag...
I love that you added embroidery in your own handwriting! The book bag is my absolute favorite but what a great idea to cover your ironing board too. :) blessings, marlene
What great projects! You certainly made your fabric go a long way! Great job!
That book bag is so cute and great use of the Nancy Drew fabric. Great job on all your projets!
you ironing board is very pretty now! love the book tote, same idea as me! i think this is the most popular purpose for the book fabric!
thank's for sharing and have a nice day
Really enjoyed your presents to yourself...neat idea on the ironing board...
Wow! You were busy! I had thought about an ironing board cover as mine needs one terribly bad but I changed my mind. Love yours!
Wow!! Really great projects there. I just love the bag.
Cute projects! I love your book bag--great idea to include a book shelf.
I love all the projects. I need to cover my ironing board now.
Love your book bag! Feel the same way about my ironing board and your cover is fbulous! Love the quilt oo!
How fun to see the spine fabric used as a border, and the ironing board cover...love!!!
You have made some wonderful Nancy Drew project. Most of all I love your ironing board.
Thanks for sharing
Good Morning Jenny....can I tell you how much I adore each one of your projects. the iron board was brilliant, the bag undeniably irresistible and your mini quilt...just shines...
As hard as it was to get a hold of that fabric and when you don't know exactly what you want to do with it when ordering/purchasing, it is no wonder you had plenty, LOL. But you have made good use of it in ALL your wonderful projects. I bet your book bag is getting good comments from the librarians! The kids will have to take turns using the quilt or snuggling under it together?
Great projects... I love that the mini lap quilt has the books around the edge!! Great idea!
All of your projects are just great. I love the ironing board, Good thinking !
Love all your prohjects.thanks for sharing!!
Great projects!
Great job on everything... and what a fun ironing board cover. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
Wow! I don't know how you do it-three projects and three kids-you're amazing. Cant't pick a favorite -they're all great. Thanks for sharing.
You made so many fun and creative projects PLUS embroidered...love it! Thanks for hopping with us!
Your project came out great and very useful.
Fantastic projects, I really like your ironing board, easy to stow away I'll bet!
Wonderful projects, especially loved the ironing board cover. Thanks for sharing with us.
Terrific projects! All very creative. Love the pocket on the bag...would be perfect for library card and car keys. Love lap quilts (I tell my DH that they are cuddle quilts). I love my current ironing board cover, but I think when it wears out it will be ND too.
Thanks for sharing.
Fun and useful projects.
Great projects, especially liking the ironing board cover.
Great projects. I love the ironing board cover!!!
Fabulous projects!
My favourite is the ironing board cover.
Thank you for sharing.
Love them all, but that ironing board is just too darn cute!
All your projects are wonderful. I especially love the ironing board and I do love the front of your bookbag
I love all of your projects! Great job!
So clever and I luv luv luv the ironing board cover! B-)
Great job! I love the tote bag with all of the embroidery. Thanks for sharing.
ironing board cover! Great idea. and the quilt, I would love to snuggle under it!
Great projects! This fabric is so perfect for a library bag. I like the embroidery that you added.
Your projects are terrific.
Oh so you added a little quilt to your projects...cute one. :) Everything you made is wonderful. I am always impressed at your creativity, sweetie. My fav part? Your embroidery. You do such wonderful hand stitching. Love it.
loved the ironing board cover. nice
ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com
These projects are just wonderful. I love the quote that you used.... it's so true!
OMG! I love the ironing board cover! I have been putting off making a cover for my small ironing board but this definitely motivates me to get busy! Love the bag and quilt too! Thanks for sharing all your GREAT projects!!
Three great projects! I've covered my ironing boards over the past year and it actually making ironing more fun. :) Loved your book bag and all the special things you did with it. That pocket is a great idea - I'd keep my library card in there.
Great job. I like all your projects, especially the lap quilt.
Wonderful projects!!!! Looove tghe TOTE!!!
Love all your projects. Thanks for sharing!
I love your tote and the embroidered quote. Wonderful. The ironing board cover is great.
Love your projects. Thanks for sharing. vickise at gmail dot com
Thank you all for your lovely words! I had so much fun making these projects!
Thanks for the fun show. I like everything you made. I agree I think I need a new cover on my ironing board.
Now that is an iron board cover I could get a board with. ;) lol. You did a great job and thank you for sharing them with all of us.
Sincerely,
Tricia
I love your ironing board cover! Everything you made is really cute ;) Thanks for sharing it with us!
Love your projects. Very clever. I especially love the ironing board cover.
What terrific projects! The ironing board cover certainly has appeal for ironing. It's amazing what can help motivate us. Your idea to measure the largest library book and then make the bag to at least hold it is a great idea. And, I can see why the children are anxious for you to finish the quilt for snuggle time. Thank you for participating, being a great inspiration to us who read the blogs, and being a great example to your children. I hope to see you in more hops
Post a Comment