Friday, January 04, 2013

FMF: Opportunity

Five Minute Fridays took a break over Christmas, and I think my break from it was longer....but it's back and I'm going to try to keep up with it, because it's such a wonderful way to look inside and look outside and write about how I feel, what I see and what God is speaking to me.

I look back on my previous FMF posts, and I see God's words to me, Him whispering and life and love and taking chances and seeing Him work. I don't want to give that up.

Today's word is Opportunity. Lets go:

Opportunity.

I feel like that is a good word for this coming year. In my journal the other day, I equated the future to a "delta golden with promise". It wasn't until the next day that I really thought about what I had written. A delta is a river with many outlets and pathways. Someone traveling down the main river would have to make a choice and not just one, but many.
Isn't life just like that? A delta full of choices and each one leads in a different direction. Some intersect, or run parallel with each other and so join together. Others are a crossroads, and once a choice is made, it leaves the other behind forever.
There is so much opportunity for choices and change in the next year. So many decisions to be made and life keeps flowing. Sometimes that flow makes the decisions for us, for better or for worse. But through it all, God is there as our strength and our song and our salvation. Through the rapids or through the calm waters, He is with us. That promise makes life beautiful. And gives hope that the best is yet to come.


Five Minute Friday is a group of bloggers writing their thoughts about a single word, different each week. Look here to see the list and read what others have to say this week about Opportunity.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the delta visual you gave! So true and appropriate for life. Well done!

Cindy said...

So glad you are back to this. I love reading what you write. Love the delta analogy.

Renae Ashton said...

So true the many choices we have to make! it can be hard when we don't know where the choice will lead. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!