Friday, September 28, 2012

FMF: Grasp

I always know I've slacked off in blog world when I have two Five Minute Friday posts right next to each other, as it shows I didn't do any other blogging all week.
Sorry. Hopefully I will have something for you soon. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me.

Anyway, here we are again and this weeks word is Grasp. Five minutes on the clock, let's go:

Have you ever watched your kid (or someone else's even), finally get it? It could be school related: addition, reading, or just something to do with growing up, or whatever and you've watched them struggle with it seemingly forever and then one day, it's like a light bulb goes off in their heads and they get it. The idea has been grasped, understood, internalized. They have matured through the trial and they really get it.
I think that's what it's like to grow as a follower of Jesus too. We struggle with a concept or a hardship and it seems like we will be stumbling along in the dark forever and then, all of a sudden: ta da. We get it. We are able to grasp that idea and understand it. 
I have had so many of those moments over the years. And they are amazing every time. When I finally am able to grasp and hold onto what God has been teaching me, it feels like the whole world has opened up for me. It's awesome. 

Five Minute Friday writers all group together over here. Go check them out!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm visiting from FMF. Yes, it is wonderful when we grasp what God has been teaching. I often feel so smart until I look back and remember how smart I thought I was 10 years ago. I just keep growing and learning and grasping. Thanks for writing today.

Jacque Watkins said...

"I have had so many of those moments over the years. And they are amazing every time..." YES! I love that, and it is so true for me too. The truths of His Word are timeless and endless and I'm so thankful when that light bulb does turn on :) Have a blessed weekend!
~Jacque

Denise said...

Nice post.

LadyM said...

I am thankful that God allows us those aha! moments. What if He decided to never reveal Himself to us and to be utterly beyond our grasping ability? Glad He says "I did not say to you, 'Seek me in vain.'"