Anyhow, R is for Reading. One of my absolute favorite pastimes, although I have had to severely slow down my reading in the last few years due to getting insane migraines if I read too long. Talk about torture for this girl!
Liam reading to David:

My Grandma and I reading at the Lake:
“He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend, a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter. By study, by reading, by thinking, one may innocently divert and pleasantly entertain himself, as in all weathers, as in all fortunes.” - Barrow
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” - Emilie Buchwald
“Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” - Mason Cooley
“So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall.” - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
“A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.” - Robertson Davies
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.” - Walt Disney
now run on over to the ABC Wednesday website and check out everybody else's R posts!





7 comments:
I love it, I love reading to..
Great post, while I was thinking about "R", I didn't think about reading
http://digitalpolaroids.blogspot.com/2009/05/rache-me.html
What would we do without reading? Nice post and fun pictures...
This is a great post, I wish I had thought of reading! One of my fave pastimes also. I'll add a quote by Mark Twain, "Those who don't read have little advantage over those who can't read." I love your pic with Grandma...
Reading is definitely a generational hobby for us, huh? Love the pic of Liam reading to David.
I love the Mason Cooley quote! The Mark Twain one from Carol is pretty good, too!
Interesting that we are a family of great readers, but have one son who doesn't read for pleasure. Of course, it doesn't help that he's dyslexic, but he can read, he just finds it harder work than the rest of us.
Sorry about your migraines. Have you had your eyes tested? Or maybe it's your neck.
On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week. :)
Never thought of this for R and I love reading too. Sorry to hear about your migraine. I had an eye infection last year, which cut down my reading, all I could manage were short stories.
Post a Comment