It's almost one o'clock in the morning and I'm heading off to bed (REALLY!) but I wanted to blog about SOMETHING before I went. Here goe's my random, sleepy-brained thoughts:
you never know what to expect in a given day. Sometimes what you get is not at all what you hoped for and is entirely unpleasant, but sometimes you get something surprising and happy.
...tonight I found out that the new girl at work was born and raised in Bozeman. (que "It's a Small World After All" soundtrack)
...it's always better to follow your instincts. Like, when a couple of people walk into your shop and one orders a "Grande, Extra hot chai tea latte" and the other orders a "No whip White Mocha" and you think to yourself, "She probably wants it extra hot too." but go ahead and make it how she actually ordered it, and then have to remake the drink for her five minutes later because "I ordered this extra hot, but it's not hot at all".
What Jennifer wanted to say: "No, you didn't actually ASK for extra hot."
What Jennifer ACTUALLY said: "I am so sorry, let me remake that for you really fast."
I did NOT however, give the woman a drink certificate, which I probably should have. I DID however, go into the back room afterwards and bitch about the situation to my shift supervisor.
So, let my mistake be a lesson to you: follow those instincts, because they are usually right.
Friday, October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh, if only I could have a nickel for everytime that happened to me during the 9 years at Starbucks!! Gah!
Good job on being the courteous employee. We, your public, appreciate the graciousness.
Did you get more dirt on the Bozeman chick? We may have known her parents. Info, please.
Double tall, half decaf, organic milk, latte please....oh how I miss that organic milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Post a Comment