Kaiden went to be with Jesus today. I am heartbroken, and have not had words to relay my sadness until tonight. This doesn't even begin to do Kaiden, or his loss justice, but it's all I have right now:
What Do You Say
By: Jennifer Butcher
May 29th 2007
What do you say
To someone who has lost
A child, part of themselves
And what can you do
To ease the pain just a little?
All the words in the world
Can’t bring them back
And that’s the only thing
That would take away the sorrow
You know they are in heaven
Where there’s no pain, no tears
And you know that they are with Jesus
But it’s so hard to be right here
Without them.
So, what do you say
To someone who lost
A child, a part of themselves?
And what can you do
To help ease the pain
Just cry with them,
Grieve with them
Help carry the burden of pain
Talk with them, remember with them
Help carry the pain.
I have to admit, I have way more peace about Kaiden's death then I did with Kurt. I don't know why, maybe I'm more numb than at peace, or maybe God has blessed me with peace, or maybe I just am way more able to accept that God's answer wasn't what I wanted it to be, but that's okay.
I don't know, but for now, I am grateful for the peace.
Lord, please be with Stephanie and Omar as they walk down this road of sorrow and loss. Uphold them, draw them nearer to You and grant their hearts rest and peace. Make Kaiden a joyful memory to them and continue to unfurl the ways You have used Kaiden's short life for Your ministry and glory.
And, Lord, remind them that You see and understand their tears and You are mourning with them, even though You have Kaiden there with You. Amen.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment