A huge thank you to Madame Samm and Linda for putting this hop together!
Here's today's schedule:
Jane's Fabrics (Jane R.)
Jane's Quilting (Jane C.)
Nuts 4 Redwork (Heide W.)
Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio (Cherry G.)
Bits and Pieces (Martha R.)
*ME*Life in Every Breath (Jennifer B.)
Quilting Lines (Patricia L.)
Travel Thru Greece (Mara)
Meadowbrook (Kristen K.)
Count It All Joy! (Denise P.)
Sophie Junction (Sophie W.)
Okay, so now on to my project. It took awhile for me to come up with just the right combination of words. I knew I wanted something that was an encouragement of things to strive for in life.....especially this next year. There have been some phrases said by my pastors at church that have stuck with me and I thought of using some of them.....or Bible verses......or a simple word by itself....but nothing really felt right. I pondered for quite awhile, lost some sleep over the decision and finally came up with the right set of words for myself: Faith, hope, joy, peace and love. Then I lost some more sleep over how to lay them out. Finally one night it was like a light bulb went off in my head and I knew what I wanted to do. I included the words "Fill today with" since all the words are things I want to fill my life and days with and then made them into a circle....added an embroidered middle, and worked my way out, adding some borders and fused applique.
At the end, I was going to make the piece into a wall hanging, but first I didn't like it in the frame I had, then the more I thought about it, the more it really didn't seem to work as a wall hanging at all.
Thankfully, a couple of hoppers made pillows on Wednesday and then I KNEW how I was going to finish my project! (thanks for the inspiration!)
Here's a close up of the circle of words:
And, lastly, a second view of the pillow:
I found a lovely Bible verse that goes so well with my project:
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!" Romans 15:13
Thank you so much for visiting and hopping along with us!







84 comments:
This is marvelous! You did a great job with these sweet words!! :)
Beautiful pillow and words! Thank you for sharing.
What a wonderful job you did with your words...very inspirational for not only you, but everyone who sees it. :)
I love the flower in the middle and the words around. Great arrangement!
Wonderful words. Nice job. Thanks for sharing!
Love it, such a neat and cute embroidery and the colour combination for the pillow, thanks for sharing!
Its lovely. Thanks for sharing.
What a gorgeous pillow! Love your words and think "Fill today with" is the perfect begining for your words to live by. The fabrics in your pillow are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us, super job!
usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com
Now that`s a great pillow. Nice choice of words. They are very special.
Beautiful pillow and words, really lovely.
The pillow is the ideal showcase for your words. Beautiful job.
Your pillow is so great and beautiful. You have chosen very sweet words.
Thanks for sharing your creativity
What beautiful embroidery!
Thank you for sharing!
Lovely! Your work is gorgeous and the words well-chosen.
Your pillow is beautiful! Love the colors and your words are perfect!
Happy quilting
Beautiful pillow and beautiful Romans scripture! Nice job!
a very lovely piece....so pretty indeed you will have to check...well you know...over there
wonderful pillow - thanks for sharing.
At first the words were not obvious...then...they grabbed my attention and they were in all I focused on...great placement of such truth...once truth grabs hold...it doesn't let go. A day filled with Joy, Hope, Love is a grand day indeed!
I think this was destined to be a pillow, that's why it waited. Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful work with the stitchery and thank you for sharing your words and story. Judy C
Beautiful pillow and good words to live by.
love your pillow!
such an inspiraational quote and another great project. thanks for sharing
Stunning! I love it and it so inspired me to try something similar. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Jenny this is so beautiful - I love the words and I love the colors. The verse is perfect! blessings, marlene
I live the combination of stitching and appliqué ... And your choice of words is excellent!
Thank you for your inspirational words - beautiful pillow.
This is such a beautiful inspiring pillow. Thank you for sharing!
So very pretty :)
Your pillow is beautiful ... and inspiring ... thanks for sharing ... :) Pat
Jenny-Love your pillow with the great center medallion, the colors are a perfect choice, and your embroidery work is stunning. From CA, thanks for sharing.
What an excellent pillow! A great showcase for those words.
There have been so many inspiring words in today's hop...yours included. I love your words and your pillow is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and adding a little inspiration to my day. :O)
I love the fabrics you used and the words are wonderful, I made a pillow too, aren't they fun.
Very cute. Love the colors. Blue is my favorite.
How beautiful! What a great daily reminder of what we are striving for! Great job!
Beautiful pillow with such inspirational words!
Gorgeous pillow! I like the words and the fabric choices are great too.
Great project...love that you made it into a pillow...comforting words, comforting object :)
A beautiful pillow and a beautiful Bible verse. Thanks for sharing with us.
very lovely and artistic
Your border is especially striking - perhaps you'll be able to do a tutorial sometime?
Hi!!! Your pillow and your words are wonderful!!! Thanks for the fun!!!
You picked great words and the pillow is beautiful
Great pillow. Wonderful words we should all live by.
Beautiful words that apply to everyone! Your pillow is fabulous! Blessings!
Oh my goodness what a wonderful creative gorgeous pillow. Thank you so much for shareing your project with us.
conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sweetie, I love it! You did such a great job and I'm glad you chose to make it a pillow...its perfect. Did you do the blanket stitch around the applique on the sewing machine? Good job. Now you have no excuses on the appliqued blocks in the sampler we're doing. ;)
And congrats for being one of todays top choices! :)
Love you.
I love the word in the heading of your blog too! Your pillow is beautiful!
Very inspirational words.....love your pillow too.
Beautiful! Love it. And your blog is gorgeous, too! :)
I love what you did with those beautiful words. Thank you for sharing.
It's all beautiful! The words and the work. Wonderful pillow!
hulseybg at gmail dot com
Lovely project - your stitching is perfect!!
Wonderful, I love your pillow and your words , great words to live by !
Beautiful pillow. Love how the words go round and great finish.
very nice pillow and such wonderful words! Thanks for being part of the hop
Lovely words, thanks for sharing.
Lovely words, thanks for sharing.
Your pillow is sew sweet! Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas
Your words are wonderful and your pillow is stunning. what a beautiful color of blue.
That is a very lovely pillow. Your design and stitching is beautiful!
your pillow is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!
Liebe Grüße
Bente
Beautiful words and pillow. Thanks.
Lovely pillow - I agree that the project looks wonderful as a pillow rather than a wall hanging. Inspiring words!
What a beautiful cushion and how meaningful!
Sweet Petite,
I see you have entered the blog hop world with a beautiful bang!! I have heard how excited for this event you have been...well done, your pillow is adorable! How do you get your stitches so perfect?
thank you all for your kind words. I had so much fun making this pillow, and watching it evolve from my initial drawing and thoughts into what it became. I love it.
Rosemary B here:
Happy Saturday :-)
This is so beautiful. Lovely colors and great words
thank you for sharing
It is uplifting and comforting at the same time! Love your beautiful pillow.
I love your pillow. You did a fabulous job on it. Thanks for sharing!
What a beuatiful post and sentiment to your project. Thanks you for sharing. Jane
Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing! I hope you'll check out my daily blog.. my day is the last day
Pat Sloan
Radio show Host... The Voice of Quilting
http://blog.patsloan.com
Very nice! Not only do I love the WORDS and the workmanship... but the colors as well. You must be so happy with your pillow.
I just stumbled upon this hop this morning and have a lot of catching up to do... however I have been side tracked by 5-minute Friday!! I too am an aspiring writer and now must click on that button!
Deb Hathaway
http://www.debhathaway.com
Your pillow is beautiful, you do such beautiful needlework. Thank you for sharing your verse was perfect.
Very creative and a great choice of words and scripture. Thanks for sharing!
What a cheery pillow, thank you for sharing!
Nini~
Your pillow is such an inspiration,and beautiful too!
Beautiful! Congrats on being one of the chosen.
it's lovely! I love your embroidery
Wonderful contribution to InYourWord's Bloghop!
A very lovely pillow! Wonderful!
lovely work thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment