While I was visiting my folks last weekend, I had the opportunity to read "Wren Bay" by Clarice Fox-Hughes, a woman my mother knows and who's web site I frequent as Clarice shares many wonderful recipes, craft ideas and more.
I had been hoping for a chance to read her book, but I knew I didn't have the money to buy myself a copy. Thankfully, my mother had bought one and I almost immediately sat down to read when I saw it on mom's side table!
"Wren Bay" is a story about a young Bostonian woman who marries a young man and goes to live with him on his dairy farm. Shortly after their wedding, he is called to war and Wren remains at the farm, learning much about gardening and farming and more about herself in the process.
"Wren Bay" is a sweet and simple story and I enjoyed it very much. A fun and unique aspect to the book was the recipes Clarice included at the end of each chapter. I also really enjoyed the daily blessings part of the story. It is another reminder to look for the good in a day.
Blogtober 27: An Ordinary Day
5 hours ago




1 comment:
This sounds like a wonderful book! I Hope to read it sometime! :)
Post a Comment