Friday, January 15, 2010

Fabric Friday---newest project


Jonny mentioned the other day that we really needed to have some placemats for our table, so it would not get so thrashed by food getting spilled and what-have-you.
So, I dreamed up a simple pattern and went through my stash. Here's what I found:

I couldn't get the colors right in either picture. In this first one, the browny looking ones are actually purples. So weird how in this next one, they look blue...at least you can see the actual color of the greens a little better:


The pattern is simple strips---3 1/2 inch strips. They are probaly about 20-25 inches long. I will add a backing fabric and probably do a little quilting and then bind them and be done. Very easy and it's going fast. I already have all the strips sewed together, and I am making 4. If I get time tomorrow, I want to try to finish them, as I want to use them on Sunday....I am having a "Butcher Girls Tea" at my house.
Here are the strips all sewed together (the 4 are stacked on top of each other):

You can see the colors much better in this one!

*I will be sure to post again with pictures when I am all done!*

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Very nice. It is weird that they don't look purple...camera's can be a mystery at times, huh?