Wednesday, April 09, 2008

New Car

So, as you know from my earlier post, our car went kaput. It was a very aggravating few weeks as we tried to figure out what to do. We borrowed a car from friends of my inlaws, and were thinking about buying it, but we weren’t willing to offer more than it would cost to fix our mercedes, and the owners weren’t willing to take what we offered, so we were back to square one.
Well, last week, we were in town and decided to stop by the Hyundai dealership and look around. We saw a beautiful 2008 Sonata that we just loved, but weren’t sure that buying a brand new car was the direction we were supposed to go.We went back a couple days later and test drove the car, and liked it alot, and proceeded to see if we could get it.
Long sorry short, we have a brand new, gorgeous car!
I can’t believe how this all worked out. When we were borrowing the other car, and it looked like we might buy it, I was pretty disappointed because it was an older car (which I don’t mind at all), but also smelled like cigarettes and wet dog inside.And, to trust God in buying a new car is something completely different for us. We’ve lived so long debt-free that this was a big step of faith.
So, yeah, I just wanted to update the whole car thing.

No comments: