Monday, October 02, 2006

The Past 10 Years

10 years ago, I was turning 15, and still focusing more on how much time I could spend with friends and "that cute guy" than anything else.
9 years ago, I was turning 16, and wondering what life held for me.
8 years ago I was turning 17 and getting ready to return to Mexico for my second YWAM/IMPACT missions trip.
7 years ago, I was turning 18, working at Albertsons and in my Senior year of high-school.
6 years ago, I was turning 19 and I was prayer-walking around Northern Ireland.
5 years ago, I was turning 20, working in Ensenada and about to be engaged.
4 years ago, I was turning 21, married and working hard in Ensenada.
3 years ago, I was turning 22 and we had come back to Washington.
2 years ago, I was turning 23 and I was pregnant.
1 year ago, I was turning 24 and I was a new mother, enjoying my baby boy.
Today, I am closing on my 25th birthday, watching my toddler make a mess, and figuring out what really makes me tick and how to love my husband more and more each day.

It's amazing what 10 years can do to change a person. It's an incredible thing to look back and see, even just a sentence of what life was in years past. God has been wonderously good to me.



(Me, as a baby and now.)

1 comment:

Judy Baskerville said...

Hi Jenn!

You look just the same as you always have (well, since I've known you!). It's so good to hear from you. I can hardly believe it's been four & a half years since your wedding.